Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default need a reciepe

Nancy wrote on Fri, 27 Mar 2009 15:58:13 -0400:

>> A lot of interesting recipes but you made me hungry and I
>> wonder if you can recommend one that does not involve cream
>> of mushroom soup or cheese?

> How about a chicken and sausage casserole, it has tomatoes,
> mushrooms, peas. No cheese, no mushroom soup.

> Apparently, there is something about casseroles that scream
> for cream of mushroom and/or cheese.

I have been flipping thro "The Best Chicken Recipes" from the "Editors
of Cook's Illustrated." It is an interesting book that often records
the results of trying techniques on a panel. There were 14 recipes for
chicken casseroles and only 5 did not involve large amounts of cheese.
At least, none of them used mushroom soup!

--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland