Posted to rec.food.cooking
Ms P Ms P is offline

Default need a reciepe

"Serene Vannoy" > wrote in message
> michelle simmons wrote:
>> Hello. I need an easy reciepe for chicken casserole.
>>

> I've posted this here before, but it's really easy (and really trashy, to
> tell the truth, but my mom made it all through my childhood and I love
> it). Use a big baking dish, because it makes a LOT of rice.
>
> (Baking dish. Six chicken thighs or a cut-up chicken, with bones.
> Garlic powder. A layer of sliced
> onions. Pour a mixture of the soup -- One can EACH of cream of
> mushroom, cream of chicken, and cream of celery, or any combination
> of 3 cans total -- some pepper, 3 cans of water, 3
> cans of milk, and 2 cups of uncooked white rice on top. Sprinkle
> paprika on top. Bake at 350F for an hour or so, until the chicken
> doesn't bleed when you pierce it.)
>
> Serene

I'll bet it is good. I make a pretty similar chicken and rice casserole
with just one cup of rice and one can of soup. Since I'm the only one that
eats it I make it with just two pieces of chicken. I use basil and onion
powder in my casserole.

My mom did a lot of "assemble and bake" type cooking so she had time to do a
jillion other things at the same time.

Ms P