Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Brick[_3_] Brick[_3_] is offline

Default Best method for re-heating ribs ?

On 24-Mar-2009, "Pete C." > wrote:

> Matt wrote:
> >
> > What is the best method of reheating ribs?
> >
> > thanks,
> >
> > Matt

> Reheating as in "from the refrigerator" would be in the oven wrapped in
> foil. Defrost / reheat as in "from the freezer" would be boil in the
> foodsave vac bag they were frozen in.

What Pete said! And I've reheated a lot of 'Q'. If it's never been
frozen, then foil wrapped in a moderate oven is a good way to go. I'd
go for 275° to 325°F and take them off as soon as they're hot enough
to suit you. I wouldn't bother to vac pack and then boil as the result
is essentially the same. ( I have reheated unfrozen ribs in foil and I have
reheated frozen ribs in vac pack. They are essentially the same at the
table). We had brisket last week from frozen vac pack. Unlike others
I freeze brisket one half inch slab to a bag (6" X 8", 3 Mil bag). I
thaw by placing in a pot with cold water and bringing to a boil. As
soon as the bag begins to expand, I take it off and call it ready.)

If you're serving friends, a decent bar will virtually insulate you from
any evil feedback about your 'Q'.

--
Brick(Red meat is not bad for you. Fuzzy green meat is bad for you.)