Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Pierre[_1_] Pierre[_1_] is offline

Default Alternate rib WSM recipies plz

On Mar 23, 9:36*am, "Mark G7#9" > wrote:
> I've been doing ribs the "WSM Professor" way for 5 years now and just
> want to try something a bit different. My only complaint is that
> currently the ribs (I use Costco mostly) come out a bit dry, even
> though I use the full water pan and do the cranberry/oil misting as
> Professor suggests. Can someone post a link to some alternatives if
> you have time?
>
> Thanks
> Mark G.
> Wayne, NJ

Mark:
For some added moistness, you might try the 3-2-1 method which is
popular on the competition circuit.

3 hours in the cooker at about 225°, 2 hours wrapped in foil in the
cooker, and 1 hour unwrapped in the cooker; apply your glaze about 15
minutes before removing them from your WSM. I did 3 slabs on Saturday
as described (sans WSM). Aside from a bit of juice accumulating in
the foil after the 2 hour stage (fire was probably on the high side;
I'll adjust for a lower pit temperature next weekend) , they came out
juicy, smoky and tender.

Pierre