Posted to rec.food.cooking
Dan Abel Dan Abel is offline

Default Difference between marinara & pasta sauce?

In article >,
blake murphy > wrote:

> On Sat, 21 Mar 2009 12:10:46 -0500, Damsel in dis Dress wrote:

> > I buy those four-packs of tiny (187 ml) bottles of red wine for
> > cooking. I use vermouth instead of white wine.

> i keep a half and eye on those at the package store, but haven't yet taken
> the plunge.

My experience on the other coast of the US, is that the wine I've seen
is fairly expensive for what is cheap wine. If you really need red
wine, and neither you nor anybody else will drink it, then that's the
way to go.

--
Dan Abel
Petaluma, California USA