Posted to rec.food.cooking
Omelet[_7_] Omelet[_7_] is offline

Default Difference between marinara & pasta sauce?

In article >,
sf > wrote:

> On Sat, 21 Mar 2009 12:19:55 -0600, Omelet >
> wrote:
>
> >The oregano that grew into a bush for me is an unusual plant. Mexican
> >oregano:
> >
> >http://i24.tinypic.com/24feg44.jpg
> >
> >There seems to be a discrepancy when I did a search for Mexican Oregano.
> >While it was sold to me as such, it might be Mexican sage.
> >
> >To me, the flavor and scent is similar to Marjoram and the leaves are so
> >tiny, they don't need mincing.
> >
> >I do know it's delicious. :-d

> You probably have oregano, not sage. I need to look for it! Mexican
> sage is salvia and the leaves are pretty big, so there's no question
> it's salvia.
> http://georgiafaces.caes.uga.edu/gra...canSage1hr.jpg

Yeah, my leaves don't look like that at all! That's why I posted a pic.

The low growing oregano I've grown in the past tho' has a LOT larger
leaves than this plant, and it's flat to the ground. As you can see,
this plant is a bush and the leaves are delightfully tiny. I can strip
a twig and use them as is.
--
Peace! Om

-- Anon.