Posted to rec.food.cooking
Omelet[_7_] Omelet[_7_] is offline

Default Difference between marinara & pasta sauce?

In article >,
Damsel in dis Dress > wrote:

> On Sat, 21 Mar 2009 11:44:04 -0600, Omelet >
> wrote:
>
> >Heh! Hunts canned is a decent and inexpensive sauce with a bit of
> >"herbing up" imho.

> I add red wine and basil, sometimes Worcestershire sauce, and
> sometimes fennel.

Sounds good! I generally add McCormicks Italian herbs and a little extra
garlic. The Italian sausage I often use has plenty of fennel. :-d

> >My favorite stand alone marinara sauce tho' is
> >Buitoni. It's found in the refrigerated section and imho it really is
> >quite good and needs no help.

> I'll watch for it. There are so many days that we're hungry, but
> neither of us has any energy for cooking from scratch.
>
> Carol

Mm, I promise you won't be disappointed! If you are, I'll pay for it. :-)
IMHO it has a "come hither" flavor...

I know the feeling of not wanting to cook sometimes. That's when Omelets
come in handy. They are so fast with little cleanup!

And great for using up leftovers, plus I can nearly always get dad to
eat anything mixed with eggs. <g>
--
Peace! Om

-- Anon.