Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_9_] sf[_9_] is offline

Default Difference between marinara & pasta sauce?

On Sat, 21 Mar 2009 11:44:04 -0600, Omelet >
wrote:

>I prefer mexican oregano to the other types as it tends to be milder and
>less "soapy". Plus I have a rather large bush of it out in the herb
>garden. :-) Lovely plant! It was in a 4" pot about 7 or 8 years ago
>and is now 3 feet tall. Blooms lovely little lavender colored blooms
>all summer so makes a nice landscaping plant too.
>
>The blooms are just as fragrant as the leaves so are useful for cooking.

Right now, I don't know what I plant... but oregano has never grown
into a real bush for me. If it did, I might even use more fresh. As
it is now, the stakes always seem to disappear on me and I forget
which low plant is which. Marjoram, thyme, oregano? Which one is it?

Mae West