Rick & Cyndi

Default Halloween Party for Kids :-)

"TaraDanielle" > wrote in message
om...
: Hey,
:
: I have a class of fourth and fifth graders, and my 2 year-old
is going
: to a few parties, starting Thursday. Here's my plan for tonight
and
: tomorrow night ...
:
: I got Halloween baggies and I'm covering nutter butters with
meltd
: white chocolate with choc chip eyes (ghosts), rolling out
marshmallows
: in 10x sugar and adding eyes for more ghosts, putting hershey
dark
: kisses on cookies as witch hats (with orange icing bows),
dividing a
: lot of tropical trail mix, making a bundt cake orange like a
pumpkin
: with a cone for the stalk, cutting toast into jack-o-lanters
with eyes
: etc. of either yellow cheese or peach jam, crackers, apples and
: cheddar, I am mixing ginger ale, OJ and lime sherbert in a
"cauldron"
: and parents of my kids are supplying soda, hot dogs wrapped
like mummy
: fingers,cupcakes, chips, plates and napkins. Oh, and I bought
cocoa
: covered peeps shaped like bats and lots of cheap candy.
:
: I would LOVE to do a veggie tray and other healthful things,
but I
: know it'll be a waste with cupcakes etc. available. My class
has a
: low SES and they eat a lot of junk :-(
:
: Any other easy, inexpensive ideas? I might buy a made pumpkin
pie,
: too.
: Tara
============

Any chance you can ask the parents that are bringing the sweet
things (cupcakes...) and ask them to bring something healthier
instead? <scratches head> It's worth a shot.

My 4 y/o Pre-K had a circus party last week. I made Kitty Litter
Cake, a dip, and brought in baby carrots and cut celery.
Surprisingly enough, quite a bit of the carrots and celery were
eaten and only a 1/3 of the Kitty Litter Cake. Most kids will
eat the 'good for you' stuff if it's there.

What's "SES"?

Cyndi
<Remove a "b" to reply>