Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Uses for shallots

Susan wrote:

> I won't set foot in Walmart stores, but I'm sure you can save on
> household supplies. I just don't think they have food there, IIRC, that
> I'd want to buy.
>
> Susan

Actually, the Super WalMarts have pretty good prices on some
shelf-stable groceries. Some states don't have the Super WalMarts with
the groceries.

I don't buy meat there because they inject everything with salt. Their
produce does not stay fresh very long, either. I believe it is because
of their logistics with the distribution center being far from our area
and everything having to keep longer in a warehouse.

WalMart has good buys on fabrics, hardware and housewares. I buy their
tee shirts for about $6 each and they last me at least 3 years before
they shrink too much. They have a "White Stag" label in them, though I
believe it is a special line White Stag makes for WalMart along. In any
event, $6 tee shirts that last 3 years is a pretty good bargain.

Susan, you remind me of my daughter. One year we gave her a K-Mart gift
certificate for Chanukah. She was either a Senior in High School or a
Freshman in college and she never redeemed the certificate because one
of her friends might have seen her going into K-Mart.

A bargain is a bargain. I'll shop at outlet centers and fancy department
stores to find one. My DH says he will have my tombstone inscribed: "she
never paid retail" and I know someone who will give him a discount on
the tombstone. :-)

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south-Texas