Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_9_] sf[_9_] is offline

Default COVER corned beef brisket with water?

On Tue, 17 Mar 2009 23:41:23 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
> wrote:

>I doubt there's any really bad way to cook corned beef. It just depends on
>what you want. A couple of times when I roasted it, near the end of
>cooking I coated it liberally with a mixture of brown sugar and mustard to
>give it a good spicy/sweet glaze.

I've always been partial to starting it off by boiling (gets rid of
excess salt too) and finishing it off in the oven with that yummy
brown sugar and mustard (French's yellow is what I decided was best)
glaze.

Mae West