Posted to rec.food.cooking
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Gourmet's list of 20 inventions that changed cooking (long response)

"Michael "Dog3"" > wrote in message
> "Ed Pawlowski" >
> : in rec.food.cooking
>
>> I'm about he same age as Wayne. Middle class family and AC all the
>> way. I think we were the first on our block. I did not have a
>> dishwasher until I bought my first house at 20. Have not been without
>> one since.

> You're about 10 years older than I am. Remember your first microwave?
> Actually I could live without a microwave but they sure come in handy
> sometimes.
>
> Michael

We didn't get a microwave until about 1985. Now that we have it, we use it
frequently. Serves a purpose, but some things are better cooked
conventionally. The one we have now is also a convection oven and we use it
as a second oven. Handy for big meals.