Posted to rec.food.cooking
ChattyCathy ChattyCathy is offline

Default COVER corned beef brisket with water?

On Mon, 16 Mar 2009 18:43:31 +0200, ChattyCathy wrote:

> On Mon, 16 Mar 2009 10:12:48 -0500, FERRANTE wrote:
>
>> I am going to start cooking my two corned beef briskets tonight in my
>> new crock pot and I have a question: should I cover the briskets with
>> water and not use that much? I was thinking that since it would be slow
>> cooking all night that the steam (heat) would cook them thoroughly
>> without needing so much water, but I am not sure. That is where you
>> seasoned cooks come in.
>>
>> How much water is needed?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Mark

Had to ask Dad about this one - he's the 'expert' in this house regarding
corned beef ;-)

He reckons (for a 6qt slower cooker like yours) just over half a (US) pint
of water should do it (1 to 1-1/2 cups?), if you're gonna leave it on
'Low' overnight.

Be interested to see what all the other slow cooker foodies have to say
about it...

--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy