Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_9_] sf[_9_] is offline

Default Gourmet's list of 20 inventions that changed cooking

On Sun, 15 Mar 2009 15:02:08 -0800, Mark Thorson >
wrote:

>You can see it he
>
>http://www.gourmet.com/food/2009/02/...e=1#showHeader
>
>I get an error when I click on item 2, but I can
>get to item 2 by replacing 1 with 2 in the URL.
>
>I wouldn't put air conditioning on the list, but
>I've never lived in a place with an air conditioner.

I haven't either, but I've visited other parts of the country/world
when I was grateful to have one.

>I'm not that keen on timers, either. I used to use
>a clock, and now I use the clock in my computer or
>TV set.

Oh, I need a timer just to boil water. I tend to wander off, do
something else and forget I've got something boiling on the stove -
it's not an age thing either, it's something I've done all my life.

>I'm not going to finish looking at this list. Too much
>of it seems bogus.

Maybe it's one of those Manhattan conversation starters. That list is
stretching it for me too. I don't use a chimney, a vacuum sealer,
silpat, a microplane, a crockpot, and I don't use my microwave to
cook... but others on this ng do.

Mae West