Posted to rec.food.cooking
Chris Marksberry[_2_] Chris Marksberry[_2_] is offline

Default Food Allergy Warnings

> Dan Abel > wrote:
>
>> In article >,
>> Sqwertz > wrote:
>>
>>> You'd think that the medical profession would be up to date on this
>>> stuff. I'm surprised they don't still use leeches.

>> I'm surprised you haven't heard. Leeches are back:
>>
>> http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/...-maggots_x.htm
>>
>> FDA approved. About US$7.50 each.

> OK. Let me change that to 'bloodletting' insetad of leeches.
>
> -sw

Here's another that I suppose could be called 'bloodletting'. We have a
friend whose brother has it, but he didn't have it in spite of the heredity
link.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/hem...atosis/DS00455

Christy/Kili had it, but I suppose it wasn't diagnosed until the damage had
been done.