Posted to rec.food.cooking
Hugh Hugh is offline

Default Rosemary uses?

"Gloria P" > wrote in message
> cshenk wrote:
>> I have this 3ft bush of it that survived the winter here. What uses to
>> you all have for rosemary? Some new ones would be handy!

> Rosemary is good with chicken, pork, or lamb.
> You can use long branches of it as skewers for shish-kebab.
> Branches laid on the coals makes nice smoke for grilling.
>
> I have a small wreath in my kitchen made from rosemary branches from my
> daughter's huge plant when she lived in San Diego. It grows like hedges
> there, and is beautiful when it blooms--tiny bright blue flowers all over
> the branches.
>
> gloria p

Lamb, lamb and more lamb. Leg of Lamb. Remove all of the fell,
or connective covering. Make slits 1cm deep all over. Insert slivers of
garlic and rosemary into slits. salt all over. Spray gently with PAM. Grill
@ 325F
indirectly over charcoal with a chunk of wood. Turn every fifteen minutes.
You can
start higher and brown before you start, though that's not necessary.
It's one of the great dishes of the world. US lamb is best. The New Zealand
lamb is OK.
With lamb hunger, and the best,

Hugh