Posted to rec.food.cooking
blake murphy[_2_] blake murphy[_2_] is offline

Default RFC Cookbook (p. 2002?) - was "A modest proposal"

On Fri, 13 Mar 2009 15:35:47 -0400, Felice wrote:

> "blake murphy" > wrote in message

>>> They will be. Physically I'm not as agile, but the mental aspects of
>>> life
>>> are better than ever. So far, every decade has been the best yet.
>>> Amazing
>>> how knowledge turns to wisdom with experience.

>> at fifty-six, i'm finding i don't remember some things as quickly, like
>> seeing an actor in a bit part and thinking, 'now, where have i seen him
>> before?' or remembering exactly where some unattributed quote came from.
>> can usually remember, but it takes longer than when i was younger.
>>
>> your pal,
>> blake

> A big help is doing a tough crossword on a regular basis. It really
> challenges you to access a lot of words that you haven't used in years but
> that you know are on your hard drive somewhere. If I can finish the Globe's
> on Sunday (or the Times if I can scrounge one) I figure I'm OK for the rest
> of the week.
>
> Felice

i do the daily one by the crossynergy syndicate, carried in the washington
*post*. i always finish - it's not too tough - but sometimes it's twisty.
a recent clue was 'one who soon will croak' and the answer turned out to be
'tadpole.'

did you see 'wordplay'?

<http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0492506/>

fun documentary. apparently bill clinton and jon stewart are big will
shortz and NYT puzzle fans.

your pal,
blake