Posted to rec.food.cooking
Bob Terwilliger[_1_] Bob Terwilliger[_1_] is offline

Default What is your favorite dinner party theme/cuisine?

Kris wrote:

> Lord, I hope it's obvious that I would either a: make my guests dress up
> against their will or b: pull a Sandra Lee!

I knew you meant "neither" there. :-)

> I think your restaurant idea sounds like a great theme. But forgive me,
> where/when was that place? I lived in Chicago for 8 years and have never
> heard of it.

Alinea opened in 2005, so it's fairly new. A lot has been written about it,
and there's an "Alinea" cookbook which I have.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alinea_(restaurant) contains some bare-bones
information about the place, and the "External Links" section of that
article provides links to some fun reading.

Bob