Posted to rec.food.sourdough
Matt Fitz Matt Fitz is offline

Default Converting Recipes

On Mar 13, 12:56*am, Doc > wrote:
> On Mar 12, 6:18*am, Matt Fitz > wrote:
>
> > It seems to me people will generally fall into two camps: one is
> > content to know that the ingredients will do what is expected of them
> > if treated in a proper (practiced) manner; the other has to know "why"
> > at a cellular level.

> So where to you classifiy this:http://www.thefreshloaf.com/node/109...olution-part-2

I'll file that under TMI. It certainly looks like science, but I was
only able to make it about three paragraphs before I nodded off.
Starting my own culture from scratch was so easy I would never imagine
someone would need to go to that extent to deconstruct the process.
Perhaps she was using white flour.
Matt