Posted to rec.food.cooking
Becca Becca is offline

Default What is your favorite dinner party theme/cuisine?

wrote:
> My favorite theme is 'you-can't-see-the-hostess-cook'. I like to have
> everything done ahead and waiting in the fridge, ready to serve or pop
> in oven. I hate a guest watching every move and asking questions.
>
> I also don't like to grill anything outside - there's always a frantic
> rush to get people to the table. The meat is almost cold by the time
> they dig in. I feel better relying on a piping hot casserole.

If I am having a dinner party for a large group, I feel the same way, I
do not want to be in the kitchen cooking while the party is going on.

I like costume parties that follow a theme, you dress like one of the
characters. I have done Dallas, Deadwood, The Sopranos, and in June we
are doing a 60's party (again). There is more work decorating the
house, and finding menus that match the theme, but it is a lot of fun.

Becca