Posted to rec.food.cooking
Goomba[_2_] Goomba[_2_] is offline

Default What is your favorite dinner party theme/cuisine?

Kris wrote:

> What do you like to do for a dinner party? I'd love to hear what
> others do,especially from such a talented group.
>
> Thanks,
> Kris

I have always enjoyed super casual meals where a group of us get
together to perform some task for the meal- rolling eggrolls or perhaps
tamale making. The more hands the merrier, then we continue on with the
rest of the meal.
I do a lot of Korean style meals this way. Friends and family will
arrive to roll the eggrolls and someone will be cooking them up. I'll
have already made in advance or are making the rest of the meal
(bulgogi, rice, chap chae, kimchi) and finish near serving time.