Posted to rec.food.sourdough
Will[_1_] Will[_1_] is offline

Default Converting Recipes

On Mar 7, 5:27 pm, Boron Elgar > wrote:

> There are female bloggers all over the place who weigh bread
> ingredients. You can find them quite easily. It is much tougher to
> estimate how many people - male or female - make their bread by sight
> and feel as that isn't shared as easily online.

Boron,

I'm not going to argue with you about weighing bread ingredients. I've
seen your pictures. I know, you know what you're doing. But you are a
vanishing species. I can make bread by sight and feel too. I am a
vanishing species. I've been making bread 2 or 3 times a week for 30
years. The question is how do we pass this on...

My answer is to measure stuff, not because I am a control freak, but
because I see no other way...