Posted to rec.food.sourdough
Boron Elgar Boron Elgar is offline

Default Converting Recipes

On Sat, 7 Mar 2009 10:55:38 -0800 (PST), Will
> wrote:

>On Mar 7, 12:28 pm, Boron Elgar > wrote:
>> On Sat, 7 Mar 2009 09:39:00 -0800 (PST), Will
>>
>> > wrote:

>> >The baking instructor (master baker) at my son's culinary school is a
>> >WOMAN. Care to guess what happens to students who wing it?

>> >Hint... she does not laugh.

>> I assume your son is not going to culinary school to hone his skills
>> purely for baking in his home kitchen.
>>
>> Boron

>Fair assumption. But he's learning that I am not the measuring Nazi.
>Which is to say, I'm not doing the calculations to balance flour temp.
>and water temp. to make dough at precisely 75 degrees. :-)
>
>I just didn't want Mike R. to think that men measure and woman
>ponder.

There are female bloggers all over the place who weigh bread
ingredients. You can find them quite easily. It is much tougher to
estimate how many people - male or female - make their bread by sight
and feel as that isn't shared as easily online. No recipes to post.

You can try this - it'll take you a very long time to load, and it's
in Gaelic, but this woman isn't one for weighing things, yet manages
just fine. It's worth watching no matter how you bake. And St. Paddy's
Day is just around the corner.

http://www.ucc.ie/services/igl/AranCeart.mov

Boron