Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Evelyn Evelyn is offline

Default Bacon Chicken

"Jacquie" > wrote in message
m...
> Not fat free but 30% lower...we use the Oscar Meyer Center Cut
> I love Brussels Sprouts...but can't eat as many as I used to..this Hiatal
> Hernia makes me eat smaller meal... LOL...you sound like my
> stepfather...he had stomach ulcers and he said he had to eat hot peppers
> to burn them out,,,seemed to work to , until one started bleeding. I do
> know my Mother's Chol went down when she had Chemo....probably because her
> appetite went away...at first she refused to eat anything with any
> fat...her Dr told her to eat what ever she wanted. Her cancer was
> terminal, but she fought it until the day she died and that included
> watching what she ate.
> Well I'm off to bed..can't think anymore...must be because I only slept
> three hours last night..LOL.
>
> "Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
>> "Jacquie" > wrote:
>>> I didn't have any chicken in the freezer with skin...so had to use what
>>> had...crispy skin sounds good..I don't like it soft. Hubby wont eat the
>>> skin at all. His Mother died after a heart by-pass and he has a high
>>> Chol
>>> problem..so he is pretty picky about fat...he will eat some foods with a
>>> little fat...but watches it pretty closely. Heck he even has me cut the
>>> fat off his steak before he grills it...not me You know the
>>> rhyme..Jack Sprat could eat no Fat?...Well that's us...LOL.

>> Heh heh. So, you used fat free bacon? My wife and daughter won't eat
>> chicken skin or steak crispies (I sliver that excess steak fat and render
>> it in a frying pan), although my grandkids will, so I get almost everyone
>> else's. Yahooooo! I have Sicilian cholesterol. High HDL, low LDL, very
>> low
>> VLDL and TRIGS. Maybe all the garlic, fish, garlic, hot chiles and garlic
>> help. ;-/
>>
>> --
>> Nick, KI6VAV. Support severely wounded and disabled Veterans and their
>> families: https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/ Thank a Veteran!
>> Support Our Troops: http://anymarine.com/ You are not forgotten.
>> Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061

Yesterday on "The Doctors" they debunked the hot peppers/GERD myth. They
said that you can eat all the hot stuff you want and it doesn't make it
worse. They explained that there are two separate issues involved. A
weak muscle at the opening of the stomach, and/or Helicobacter Pylori
bacteria infection of the stomach. Both are treatable. They said that hot
food doesn't make either one any worse.

Best Regards,
Evelyn

Rest in a sky-like mind.
Sit like a mountain floating on the earth.
Breathe like the wind circling the world