Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Upright Smokers???

"Steve Calvin" > wrote in message
> Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>> "Steve Calvin" > wrote in message
>>> Nope, in my case it ends up in top of the aluminum foil on top of the
>>> sand. over it up,toss it out, done. Very easy. Other than the foil
>>> though(which is thrown out after the cook), as DW said, there is no
>>> grease.
>>>

>> First you say the grease ends up in the foil, then you say there is no
>> grease. You sound confused. If fat renders, there is grease. The
>> question is where does it go. Next, how much is there and can it start
>> on fire.

> Ed, I think you need to re-read....
>
> picture this.... you cook, the grease ends up in the foil, which is thrown
> out after the cook - no grease...
>
> you seem to love to get up my butt, what's your f'ing problem

No problem, but you are confused. You just said it again. There is grease
and it ends up on the foil. You said there is no grease. If there is no
grease, there would be none on the foil.

Going back to the original post about putting a smoker on an enclosed porch,
if that grease was to start a fire, there could be a problem. It does
happen. Most can be put out simply by closing the lid, but sometimes it
does not work.