Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Nucular Reaction[_2_] Nucular Reaction[_2_] is offline

Default Tea in Malls

On Sun, 1 Mar 2009 12:45:15 -0800 (PST), dxt178
> wrote:

>On Mar 1, 3:36*pm, Nucular Reaction > wrote:
>> On Sun, 1 Mar 2009 12:25:22 -0800 (PST), dxt178
>>
>> > wrote:

>> >Hmm, really? Maybe I should see the big sprawling expanse of faceless
>> >chain stores with overpriced and overhyped labeling in a better light.
>> >I mean who needs tea straight from the source, fresh, and supporting
>> >actual growers for *less* than at Teavana who treat their workers
>> >terribly and willingly mislead and lie to customers? Who would want a
>> >slice of 'za from a family owned and run shop (again for less) than a
>> >tepid heat-lamp Sbarro rendition?

>> You've changed the subject a bit. The comment I found pompous, which
>> you have conveniently elided, was
>>
>> * "Ahh, the joys of the mall... land of mediocrity."
>>
>> Sweeping, pompous generalization. But now you've narrowed it to mall
>> tea vendors such a Teavana. Maybe it's you who "willingly mislead and
>> lie". Or maybe you're just a pompous ass. Or both!
>>
>> >That does make a pompous ass for sure. It's all about accepting
>> >mediocrity for convenience, I'd rather take the hit to shop some local
>> >stores, enjoy my time and the people, get better product, and even
>> >save some cash rather than be herded through a lovely mall. Do what
>> >you want... others are happiest in Nike, Abercrombie, and Polo sipping
>> >a Starbucks and with a bellyful of Sbarro, just not me. I'm not
>> >threatened by that.

>> I know a lot a local stores that sell utter garbage and a lot of mall
>> shops that are top rate. But then, I don't have any pompous agenda.
>> Were you badly frightened as a child in a mall? Y'know, maybe your mom
>> didn't lose you by accident. I bet you were pompous from very early.

>I kinda figured it was just trolling.

Cute. When you've been caught making an idiotic and pompous statement,
scream "troll". Certainly easier than a lucid response and less
painful than admitting that you are a tight-ass loser wannabe who goes
around ****ing on anything successful.

>I think my reply directly to a
>post about Teavana and Sbarro was pretty clear actually.

Ah, but you didn't just limit yourself to that. You dissed all malls
and all shops in malls. And now you are backpedalling furiously.

>Your
>ignorance is showing. But I'd love to hear about the "top rate" mall
>shops you've found.

Talk about ignorant. Actually, you probably know better, but now you
are trolling. If you truly believe that no mall anywhere has any
quality shops, then you are even dumber than I thought.

Just a few of the shops in some of the local malls include, in
addition to all of the big name department stores, Coach, Louis
Vuitton, Papyrus, Pottery Barn, Crate and Barrel, Cartier, Tiffany,
Brooks Brothers, Talbots, and Wilkes Bashford, just to name a few.

One mall has a specialty meat store that is excellent.

>Personally, I like Sakio Japan in the food court
>and their soba noodles and teriyaki chicken... outside of that I
>couldn't name a top rate shop in a mall.

Well, I guess we know where your tastes lie.

Hey, didn't I see you in McDonalds the other day? I thought so.

Bye