Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
toci toci is offline

Default Tea in Malls

On Mar 1, 2:45*pm, dxt178 > wrote:
> On Mar 1, 3:36*pm, Nucular Reaction > wrote:
>

> > On Sun, 1 Mar 2009 12:25:22 -0800 (PST), dxt178

> > > wrote:

> > >Hmm, really? Maybe I should see the big sprawling expanse of faceless
> > >chain stores with overpriced and overhyped labeling in a better light.
> > >I mean who needs tea straight from the source, fresh, and supporting
> > >actual growers for *less* than at Teavana who treat their workers
> > >terribly and willingly mislead and lie to customers? Who would want a
> > >slice of 'za from a family owned and run shop (again for less) than a
> > >tepid heat-lamp Sbarro rendition?

> > You've changed the subject a bit. The comment I found pompous, which
> > you have conveniently elided, was

> > * "Ahh, the joys of the mall... land of mediocrity."

> > Sweeping, pompous generalization. But now you've narrowed it to mall
> > tea vendors such a Teavana. Maybe it's you who "willingly mislead and
> > lie". Or maybe you're just a pompous ass. Or both!

> > >That does make a pompous ass for sure. It's all about accepting
> > >mediocrity for convenience, I'd rather take the hit to shop some local
> > >stores, enjoy my time and the people, get better product, and even
> > >save some cash rather than be herded through a lovely mall. Do what
> > >you want... others are happiest in Nike, Abercrombie, and Polo sipping
> > >a Starbucks and with a bellyful of Sbarro, just not me. I'm not
> > >threatened by that.

> > I know a lot a local stores that sell utter garbage and a lot of mall
> > shops that are top rate. But then, I don't have any pompous agenda.
> > Were you badly frightened as a child in a mall? Y'know, maybe your mom
> > didn't lose you by accident. I bet you were pompous from very early.

> I kinda figured it was just trolling. I think my reply directly to a
> post about Teavana and Sbarro was pretty clear actually. Your
> ignorance is showing. But I'd love to hear about the "top rate" mall
> shops you've found. Personally, I like Sakio Japan in the food court
> and their soba noodles and teriyaki chicken... outside of that I
> couldn't name a top rate shop in a mall.
>
> Have a nice day,
> - Dominic- Hide quoted text -

I had three malls in the 1990; two are closed and torn down and one
has dwindled almost to nothing. I usually ate Chinese or Greek when I
went to one of them; not good but passable, and only slightly more
expensive than other eateries. The only first rate deely-bob was the
US Government set of documents, which are more fun browsing than
getting by mail. No tea, unless you count questionable stuff at
health food stores. Toci