Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Nucular Reaction[_2_] Nucular Reaction[_2_] is offline

Default Tea in Malls

On Sun, 1 Mar 2009 12:25:22 -0800 (PST), dxt178
> wrote:

>On Mar 1, 12:31*pm, Nucular Reaction > wrote:
>> You forgot to mention pompous.

>Hmm, really? Maybe I should see the big sprawling expanse of faceless
>chain stores with overpriced and overhyped labeling in a better light.
>I mean who needs tea straight from the source, fresh, and supporting
>actual growers for *less* than at Teavana who treat their workers
>terribly and willingly mislead and lie to customers? Who would want a
>slice of 'za from a family owned and run shop (again for less) than a
>tepid heat-lamp Sbarro rendition?

You've changed the subject a bit. The comment I found pompous, which
you have conveniently elided, was

"Ahh, the joys of the mall... land of mediocrity."

Sweeping, pompous generalization. But now you've narrowed it to mall
tea vendors such a Teavana. Maybe it's you who "willingly mislead and
lie". Or maybe you're just a pompous ass. Or both!

>That does make a pompous ass for sure. It's all about accepting
>mediocrity for convenience, I'd rather take the hit to shop some local
>stores, enjoy my time and the people, get better product, and even
>save some cash rather than be herded through a lovely mall. Do what
>you want... others are happiest in Nike, Abercrombie, and Polo sipping
>a Starbucks and with a bellyful of Sbarro, just not me. I'm not
>threatened by that.

I know a lot a local stores that sell utter garbage and a lot of mall
shops that are top rate. But then, I don't have any pompous agenda.
Were you badly frightened as a child in a mall? Y'know, maybe your mom
didn't lose you by accident. I bet you were pompous from very early.