Old 01-03-2009, 02:37 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
Jean B.[_1_] Jean B.[_1_] is offline

Default Easter cometh (natural Easter egg dying)

Omelet wrote:
I've not made onion skin eggs since mom passed away. She's the one that
taught me that trick. :-) I'm currently saving the "paper" onion skins
that it takes to do it as I want to teach the method to my nephews.
I'll be sure to take pics this year.

Wrap raw eggs in dry onion skins, bind with cheese cloth and cotton
string.

Hard boil.

Unwrap, let cool and coat lightly with some cooking oil.

They really are quite lovely.
I'll try to take pics this year if I actually do it. It'll depend on the
babysitting schedule...

Anyone else use "natural" dyes for doing Easter Eggs?

Hmmm. You may have convinced me to try this!

--
Jean B.