Posted to rec.food.cooking
Bobo Bonobo® Bobo Bonobo® is offline

Default Protein source for breakfast other than eggs, meat, or proteinpowder

On Feb 28, 5:35*pm, Mark Thorson > wrote:
> amandaF wrote:
>
> > I have been eatign 2 eggs per breakfast usign Egg'sLand best but I am
> > concern about the cholesterol. *I am not going to eat breakfast
> > suasage, etc. nor protein powder.

> > * Any other item that would give me complete protein? *Please don't
> > say fis. I am talking about typical breakfast item in western
> > culture.

> Egg white is a very complete protein with almost
> no cholesterol. *The cholesterol is nearly all
> in the yolk.
>
> The yolk also contains considerable vitamin B-12.
> If you're not taking a B-12 supplement, half a yolk
> with two egg whites would give you the B-12 without
> being too bad on the cholesterol. *Natural B-12 is
> readily destroyed by heat, so a runny half-yolk
> would be best.

That 2/1 white/yolk ratio would take 100% of the joy out of the meal.

> Cardiovascular disease is correlated with cholesterol
> consumption, but it's more strongly associated with
> saturated fat intake. *If you cut the cholesterol
> down to zero, your liver would make cholesterol
> to cover any shortage.

Very true, but far more associated with trans fats. That crap should
be outlawed, and folks who advocate eating it should be ridiculed.
The heads of companies who still put it in foods should be publicly
lynched.

Eat your eggs. I prefer mine jumbo size, and lightly basted in either
bacon grease or peanut oil. The goal is 100% solid white, 100% runny
yolk.

--Bryan