Posted to rec.food.cooking
maxine maxine is offline

Default Protein source for breakfast other than eggs, meat, or proteinpowder

On Feb 28, 5:02*pm, amandaF > wrote:
> I have been eatign 2 eggs per breakfast usign Egg'sLand best but I am
> concern about the cholesterol. *I am not going to eat breakfast
> suasage, etc. nor protein powder.
>
> * Any other item that would give me complete protein? *Please don't
> say fis. I am talking about typical breakfast item in western
> culture.

Yogurt, cereal and milk, cheese grits, pancakes, waffles etc.

In New England, cod cakes and beans are a standard part of breakfast.

Hummus and pita make a nice start to the day, make it as mild or spicy
as you like.

You could also switch to the cholesterol-free egg products in the
dairy section of your grocery, sometimes found in the freezer
section. You'll be relegated to omelets or scrambled, no more over
easy or sunny side up, but you'll have your eggy goodness still.

Bagels, cream cheese and lox is considered a breakfast food.

If you like Asian foods, pho is a Vietnamese soup, usually with beef
broth, vegetables, and bits of various meats.

maxine in ri