Posted to rec.food.cooking
Jinx Minx Jinx Minx is offline

Default Protein source for breakfast other than eggs, meat, or protein powder

"amandaF" > wrote in message
>I have been eatign 2 eggs per breakfast usign Egg'sLand best but I am
> concern about the cholesterol. I am not going to eat breakfast
> suasage, etc. nor protein powder.
>
> Any other item that would give me complete protein? Please don't
> say fis. I am talking about typical breakfast item in western
> culture.

Buckwheat is a good non-animal source of complete protein, as well as quinoa
and spirulina. I'm sure you can google plenty of recipes for buckwheat
pancakes. When it comes to "typical breakfast items in western culture",
why limit yourself to what other people deem typical? If you like
something, eat it! Who cares if it's not a "breakfast" food? Fish is the
same nutritionally whether you eat it at 8am or 6pm.

Jinx