Posted to alt.food.wine
cwdjrxyz cwdjrxyz is offline

Default Zwack's cordial+H

On Feb 24, 5:11*am, "Anders Tørneskog" >
wrote:
> "Dee Randall" > skrev i ...
>
> > Tyrani (Buckthorn)
> > from Lapponia in, I believe, Finland is very interesting. I have not
> > found a source for it in the US, but it is available in the UK.

> It is Lapponia Tyrni and, yes, it is Finland.

Thanks. I found a picture of it at a UK spirits store at
http://www.thewhiskyexchange.com/P-3251.aspx .
You can enlarge the image to near full screen size to view the label.
Note that they are selling the 50 cl size, so the liqueur, while not
expensive is not cheap either. Not shown on the picture is a small
back label in English, likely applied for the UK market. It indicates
that this liqueur is the product of V&S Finland Oy. of Helsinki
Finland. Tyrni (buckthorn or havtorn) is a rare wild berry on
Finland's fresh archipelago. The company also makes a few other fruit
liqueurs from cold climate berries such as polar cranberry.