Posted to rec.food.cooking
modom (palindrome guy)[_3_] modom (palindrome guy)[_3_] is offline

Default Figs dried or fresh?

On Sun, 22 Feb 2009 18:06:38 GMT, "James Silverton"
> wrote:

>Hello All!
>
>I may have asked this before and, if so, I apologise but how many people
>agree with me that dried figs are much superior to fresh ones? I do know
>2 or 3 people who agree with me.

For me drying figs has become a necessity since my trees produce so
much so quickly and since fresh figs spoil so quickly. But I prefer
fresh when I have them. The flavors are much different. Fresh are
rather floral and delicate. Dried are earthier and more intense.

This also has to do with the fig varieties I have, I'm sure.
--

modom