Posted to rec.food.cooking
brooklyn1 brooklyn1 is offline

Default Figs dried or fresh?

"James Silverton" > wrote in message
> Jean wrote on Sun, 22 Feb 2009 15:00:20 -0500:
>
>> James Silverton wrote:
>>> Hello All!
>>>
>>> I may have asked this before and, if so, I apologise but how many people
>>> agree with me that dried figs are much superior
>>> to fresh ones? I do know 2 or 3 people who agree with me.
>>>

>> I dunno about superior, but I definitely prefer dried figs.

> That's what makes "superior" for you and me :-)

Last time I ate dried figs was like 20 years ago... was watching TV in bed
in a darkened room while noshing on dried figs. I was absentmindedly
pulling figs off that hard vine stem until I ate half the pack and then felt
somehing odd... turned on the bedside lamp and Aiiiiiii... crawling out of
the figs and all over my bed were these maggoty like woims, no wonder those
figs were so fuicy. I haven't eaten a dried fig since, never will again.