Larry Dawson

Default Maverick ET73 smoker thermometer - problem?

Hi,

I just purchased one of these thermometersand am not sure it is
functioning correctly. When the receiver and transmitter register, the
dual temp. on the receiver displays what is on the transmitter, but
from then on the temperatures on the reciever do not update with the
exception if one of the alarms goes off, the receiver will then update
its displays. This doesn't seem quite right. Distance isn't a factor as
I was sitting 10-12 feet from the grill and transmitter. The only other
time I was able to get it to update was when I shut both receiver and
transmitter of and reset them to reregister. Hmm, as I recall there was
one point when the receiver simply stopped displaying any temp. and
went back to a 'null' display. Final concern. I didn't purchase this
direct from Maverick from another vendor. The picture on the vendor's
website is the exact same one as on Maverick's, but the units I
received have a Redi-Chek logo on them and on the box. No mention of
Redi-Chek on the website. Any ideas what this is about?

I appreciate any ideas anyone can offer.

Thanks,
Larry Dawson