Posted to rec.food.equipment,alt.home.repair
DManzaluni DManzaluni is offline

Default life cycle of new GE appliances (ranges)

Does anyone know when GE revamps their Profile models please? I need
to buy a range and it seems that the PGB918SEM is the only real
contender: There is a Maytag with a double GAS oven (for some
inexplicable reason the second oven on this GE gas range is electric)
but it seems to lack significant features.

My concern is that this model has been on the market for a few years
and I understand they revamp their range cosmetically every year or
so. With minor revamps of the features every few models. And this one
is suddenly being heavily discounted and offerred with hundred dollar
rebates. (not real rebates: You have to buy more than one qualifying
product)

I am wondering whether they will suddenly offer a model with a second
gas oven five minutes after I have spent a ton of dough re-wiring my
whole kitchen to accomodate this electric oven (at the minute the fuse
blows every time we use the microwave for more than a few minutes with
almost anything else around the whole flat turned on)

[My present range is also a GE Profile and the glass top suddenly
shattered and I discovered that replacement costs about three times
what the whole unit is worth]