Posted to rec.food.cooking
Damsel in dis Dress[_6_] Damsel in dis Dress[_6_] is offline

Default Low-Iodine Diet (LID) recipe/menu ideas?

On Wed, 18 Feb 2009 08:37:14 +0000 (UTC),
(Steve Pope) wrote:

>Wayne Boatwright > wrote:
>
>> I have also known some overweight
>> people who were very unhappy with their weight, but had never
>> tried to do any thing about it. I felt that was sad.

>I wish to poke at just the last two sentences. How do you know they
>had never tried to do anything about their weight? Many people
>try once, or twice, with a well-thought-out approach to losing
>weight, but it fails to achieve sustained results. They then,
>apprising themselves of what is known about weight loss, conclude
>they are among the group that shouldn't keep trying, because
>the result will be yoyo dieting and probable weight gain.
>
>So if you know a person who isn't doing anything about it,
>you might want to consider if this is because they have come to a
>reasonable position on the subject, based on past weight loss attempts
>that may be decades in the past even but which established
>it wasn't going to work for them.
>
>Just something to think about.

YES! I hold steady now, instead of gaining. In fact, I've lost 20
pounds without dieting in the past year. But when I dieted and lost
40 pounds six years ago, I gained back 50. 25 years ago, I lost 30,
and gained back 80. I have "always" gained back more than I lost on
diets. So, I don't diet anymore. And I don't gain weight. And I
don't *usually* hate myself anymore. There will probably always be
lapses of insecurity.

Thanks for bringing that up, Steve. I believe I'm healthier this way,
both physically and emotionally.

I dress modestly.

Carol

--
Change "invalid" to JamesBond's agent number to reply.