Posted to rec.food.cooking
Serene Vannoy Serene Vannoy is offline

Default Low-Iodine Diet (LID) recipe/menu ideas?

Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> On Fri 13 Feb 2009 11:18:37p, Serene Vannoy told us...
>
>> I have a feeling that the most annoying part of thyroid cancer won't be
>> the surgeries or the doctor visits (as annoying as those are), but the
>> Radioactive Iodine (RAI) treatments and the attendant Low Iodine Diet
>> (LID). I have to do the LID for 2-4 weeks, depending, with no
>> exceptions, not even one. Also, I'll be off my meds for that two weeks,
>> so I won't have much energy for cooking, so I have to make and buy lots
>> of stuff ahead of time.

> Serene, I fear that you may have KF'd me again

Nope, but if I had, I still would respond to you in a thread where I'm
asking for people's help and you're offering it. It's only polite. :-)

(Note to others: Wayne knows I like him, but I killfile him now and then
when he's either overquoting for one-line responses all the time, or
expressing his disgust of fat people a lot.)

> , but all the same, I want to
> wish you the very best with your upcoming surgery and RAI treatment. From
> what I understand from a co-worker who went through this procedure last
> year, that the success rate is extremely high.

Thanks very much! Yes, the official survival rate for the kind of cancer
I have is 100%.

> You already seem to know far more about what foods are acceptable than
> those I could imagine, but that's no surprise because you're a great
> researcher. I doubt I could offer much beyond what you've already
> discovered.
>
> May wellness and strength be yours...

Thanks, dear.

Serene

--
42 Magazine, celebrating life with meaning. Inaugural issue March '09!
http://42magazine.com

"I am an agnostic only to the extent that I am agnostic about fairies at
the bottom of the garden." -- Richard Dawkins