Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Julie Bove Julie Bove is offline

Default P F Chang's Lettuce Wraps

P F Chang's has a gluten free menu and their chicken lettuce wraps come
highly recommended. I decided to look at their website to see if this was
something I might be able to eat. Was shocked to see that one 4 oz. portion
has a whopping 52 grams of carbs. Obviously not for me then. But why?

I found assorted copy cat recipes on the Internet and saw that many of them
contain both white and brown sugar in the ingredients as well as some
sweetened sauces. Also found a recipe for a ground beef lettuce wrap that
doesn't seem as sweet, so perhaps this is something I can make at home.

At any rate... The name chicken lettuce wrap sounds so innocuous. Like
chicken and lettuce. But, no! I've also read if you dine in, this comes
served on a bed of rice noodles. But no noodles if you get it to go.