Posted to rec.food.cooking
Nancy Young[_2_] Nancy Young[_2_] is offline

Default Cranberry juice sucks!

tintalle wrote:
> On Feb 15, 1:48 am, "Nancy Young" > wrote:

>> Where'd you get that? I was happy to see it in stores but
>> I was disappointed to see it was mixed with grape juice.
>> Didn't like it. I know it's got a lot of sugar, but I do like
>> cranberry juice cocktail.

> Around here the regular bigger grocery stores carry plain, unsweetened
> cranberry concentrate in 1 liter glass bottles.

No kidding ... I will look from now on, but I don't hold out
much hope.

> Wow, it is strong stuff!

That's what I understand.

>I find regular cranberry cocktails to be just way too sweet,
> but i was surprised how much sweetener i had to add to this stuff to
> make it drinkable. It does make an awesome refreshing addition to
> gingerale though. It's a bit pricey, so i only buy it once in a
> while, but it's nice to be able to control the amount of sugar or
> other sweeteners.

I only like the Ocean Spray, I find the other brands too sweet.
They're probably the same, but they taste different to me.
I know the cocktail stuff has tons of sugar. I just drink a glass
of it every few days, it's kind of refreshing.

I'll look for it plain, thanks.

nancy