Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Peanut hearing

On Feb 12, 1:56*pm, Nancy2 > wrote:

> Off topic, but I want to know what fashion and home designers mean
> when they say a design is very organic. *Huh?
>
> N.

Possibly one or more of the following (from dictionary.com), perhaps
#13:

7. characterized by the systematic arrangement of parts; organized;
systematic: elements fitting together into a unified, organic whole.
8. of or pertaining to the basic constitution or structure of a thing;
constitutional; structural: The flaws in your writing are too organic
to be easily remedied.
9. developing in a manner analogous to the natural growth and
evolution characteristic of living organisms; arising as a natural
outgrowth.
10. viewing or explaining something as having a growth and development
analogous to that of living organisms: an organic theory of history.
13. Architecture. noting or pertaining to any work of architecture
regarded as analogous to plant or animal forms in having a structure
and a plan that fulfill perfectly the functional requirements for the
building and that form in themselves an intellectually lucid,
integrated whole.
14. Fine Arts. of or pertaining to the shapes or forms in a work of
art that are of irregular contour and seem to resemble or suggest
forms found in nature.

Cindy Hamilton