Posted to rec.food.cooking
Wim van Bemmel Wim van Bemmel is offline

Default Sprouts

On Wed, 11 Feb 2009 19:55:43 -0700, Gloria P wrote:

> Andy wrote:
>>
>> That aside, who doesn't know the sulfur aroma of overdone Brussels
>> sprouts!?!
>>
>> Best,
>>
>> Andy

> They smell like...sprouts, cabbage, kale and broccoli. Luckily they
> taste better than they smell.
>
> gloria p

If done, they smell, and if overdone they stink. Like all cabbage.
So cook (steam) them less than done, keeping them al dente. 10 minutes,
for sprouts smaller than 1 inch diameter. Avoid the bigger ones. The
smaller the better. Here in France the small ones are hard to get. In
Holland we eat the small ones, which are common there.

--
Groet, salut, Wim.