Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Sprouts

notbob wrote:
> On 2009-02-11, merryb > wrote:
>
>> What do you mean? I wasn't trying to be a smartass or anything...

> "In a jar" Yeah, that's informative. Where do I get the seeds? How big a
> jar? Jes put seeds in jar and wait? Water? Temps? Light? I got creole
> spices in a jar. They ain't sprouted. :|

You can buy mung beans in a lot of grocery stores, health food stores or
bulk stores. I tried sprouting my own years ago but gave up because by
it takes a few days fro them to sprout and I was never organized enough
to arrange for a stir fry that far ahead. It was easier to buy them
fresh and ready to go right away.

As I recall, you soak then and leave them on a damp paper towel and keep
it wet.