Posted to rec.food.baking,rec.food.cooking
Bob Terwilliger[_1_] Bob Terwilliger[_1_] is offline

Default Apple/Cheddar Pie

Pennyaline wrote:

> Goomba wrote:
>> Mr. Bill wrote:
>>> I have never understood the attraction to a slice of apple pie topped
>>> with a slice of cheddar. Where and HOW did that food custom start?
>>> I have lived in the north and now the south but never see anyone serving
>>> apple pie this way.

>> Apples and cheese are such a natural combination, IMO. They just go so
>> well together. I've eaten it on rare occasion at home but not out as I
>> never see it sold or served that way but in homes.

> Mr. Bill, just WHERE have you lived that you have never seen this? A slice
> of apple pie with a chunk of sharp cheddar was de rigueur when I was
> growing up. It's delicious! Such a complimentary contrast of flavors...
> yum!

You're talking to a guy who always has exactly the same menu for every
holiday. He's not much for branching out. If Billy's mother never paired
apple pie and cheddar, the combination is strange and frightening to him.

Bob