AnthonyS11 AnthonyS11 is offline
Member

Location: Sarasota, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertie Doe View Post
"Wayne Boatwright" wrote in message
On Mon 12 Jan 2009 04:45:10a, Bertie Doe told us...

Ok, the juicer on the other hand, separates the juice from the seeds,
skin and pith. However, I have heard, that it takes an awful lot of
fruit or veg, to produce a cup of juice. I guess this is a difficult one
to answer, as 1lb of ripe pineapple or melon, is going to produce more
juice than apples and pears. I guess a blender is ideal for say, a
banana milkshake, but how would a juicer cope with a banana?

nI actuality, to cover all bases, one needs both a blender and a juicer.
once owned a VitaMix and didn't like it. Gave it away, in lieu of the top
of the line Osterizer. I've had the Osterizer since 1966 and it's never
failed. A dedicated juicer can do wonderful things.

Ok I googled up Osterizer and it's plenty powerful enough, 12 speed plus
they mention 'regular blades and s/steel blades'? Two different models or is
the s/s an accessory?
I also spotted a reference to a machine called Blendtec. During the smoothie
demo, there is a sneak reference to other machines using plungers to push
down fruit (VitaMix etc).
We eat a pint each of full-fat ice-cream, so I was interested in the
Blendtec video's reference to 'vanilla pudding' and 'Tang'. Haven't heard of
these in the uk, are they simply flavourings? He also made no reference to
adding sugar??
I was really thinking about purchasing the Jack Lalane juicer. Any suggestion or comments?
Looking for Valentine chocolate recipes.