Old 09-02-2009, 01:46 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_9_] sf[_9_] is offline

Default Rice flour

On Sun, 08 Feb 2009 16:04:39 -0800, sf wrote:

On Sun, 8 Feb 2009 15:38:21 -0800 (PST), maxine in ri
wrote:

I have a couple of recipes that call for gram and rice flours
combined. I have the gram flour, but have never seen rice flour. Now
I do have 19 pounds of rice left G, and wonder if I could grind it
raw or would I need to cook, dry and then grind it to make rice
flour? I suppose I could go out and _buy_ some, but just wonder if
there's some way I could get by with what I have.

Google "what is rice flour" and you'll find out. It's aka Mochiko. I
wouldn't attempt to make it myself.

OK, just came from the green grocer. He has milled rice flour there,
your green grocer might too.

Mae West