Posted to rec.food.cooking
Omelet[_7_] Omelet[_7_] is offline

Default Cannabis

In article >,
KeenAsMustard > wrote:

> >> If Pot scares you - keep the hell away from Salvia Divinorum then!

> > Disagree... Salvia divinorum (I've smoked 10x) is a totally different
> > high.

> It certainly is - my point is that it's way more intense. WAY more!
> I wasn't trying to make any comparisons beyond that, as you'd know,
> that'd be ludicrous.

There is NO comparison for SD to mushrooms or mescaline. <g>

> > First time I ever actually hallucinated, but I was expecting the
> > results. When I said in my mind "I can't handle this",
> > the voices said
> > in beat to the music I had playing "yesyoucanyesyoucanyesyoucan".

> The few times I've had it, it blew my damned head off in a way LSD,
> Mescaline and Psilocybe mushrooms never have (but again,

See above. I agree. ;-) For me, the two times I tried LSD it was
boring. I like psilocybin. Mescaline tended to make me nauseous and the
high lasts too long. 12 to 14 hours, I'll pass on it. <g>

> different
> effects). I've hallucinated plenty of times before but Salvia D is a
> whole new level. It's the only time I've been completely consumed by the
> hallucinations to the point that I no longer feel that I'm still in the
> 'real world' at all.

SD is a "working drug" to most people. It's not recreational. A true
Shamanic type of plant that really does take you out of mind into the
nexus. That's why it scares people. An Erowid poll shows that 85% of
people that try Salvia divinorum never touch it again after the first
real experience because it's so scary.

> > And the high only lasts 10 minutes...

> The peak bit, yes. And thankfully so in my opinion - too intense to
> handle for an extended time. After the peak, you're still 'high' for
> another 30 mins or so, but after the initial peak you feel straight.

It is relaxing indeed, but the hallucinations only last 8 to 10 minutes
using 10X, at least for me. But I've not smoked it now for a bit over 4
years.
--
Peace! Om

"Criminals thrive on the indulgence of societies understanding."

-- From "Batman Begins"