Posted to rec.food.cooking
KeenAsMustard KeenAsMustard is offline

Default Cannabis

On Sun, 08 Feb 2009 02:28:07 -0600, Omelet wrote:

> In article >,
> KeenAsMustard > wrote:

>> > Today's pot ain't what it was back in the 70's. <g> Sticky buds are a
>> > LOT higher in THC than bunk.
>> >
>> > Personally, I hate the stuff. Last time I got stoned (21 years ago)
>> > I had a severe panic attack. I seriously thought I was dying.
>> >
>> > I'll never go anywhere near Pot again!

>> If Pot scares you - keep the hell away from Salvia Divinorum then!

> Disagree... Salvia divinorum (I've smoked 10x) is a totally different
> high.

It certainly is - my point is that it's way more intense. WAY more!
I wasn't trying to make any comparisons beyond that, as you'd know,
that'd be ludicrous.

> First time I ever actually hallucinated, but I was expecting the
> results. When I said in my mind "I can't handle this",
> the voices said
> in beat to the music I had playing "yesyoucanyesyoucanyesyoucan".

The few times I've had it, it blew my damned head off in a way LSD,
Mescaline and Psilocybe mushrooms never have (but again, different
effects). I've hallucinated plenty of times before but Salvia D is a
whole new level. It's the only time I've been completely consumed by the
hallucinations to the point that I no longer feel that I'm still in the
'real world' at all.

> And the high only lasts 10 minutes...

The peak bit, yes. And thankfully so in my opinion - too intense to
handle for an extended time. After the peak, you're still 'high' for
another 30 mins or so, but after the initial peak you feel straight.

You must be one of those people who get the paranoia/panic attacks on
pot, unfortunately. I also note that some folk seem to get extremely
intense hallucinations on SD but a few people report no effects at all,
which I find incredible. I sometimes wonder if they've consumed it
properly (i.e smoked it correctly - i.e NOT the same way as pot).