Posted to rec.food.cooking
Susan[_7_] Susan[_7_] is offline

Default Cannabis

"zara" > wrote in message

> "Ted" > wrote in message
>>I don't like cannabis because it destroys the lungs like tobacco.
>> Also, about 20% of hospital admissions are directly or indirectly caused
>> by smoking tobacco.
>> The body needs to take in oxygen and to get rid of carbondioxide.
>> Cannabis & tobacco destroy the very cells in the lungs that take in
>> oxygen and get rid of carbondioxide.

> Not according to the latest medical studies..
>
> They actually claim it prevents lung cancer.
>
> Stop spreading FUD. No one is forcing you to toke.
>
> http://www.macfixit.com/article.php?...00902052309411
>
> http://www.webmd.com/lung-cancer/new...to-lung-cancer

Perhaps not cancer but cannabis joints damage lungs more than tobacco -
study

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/20...dalcohol.drugs

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0123104017.htm

http://www.well.com/user/woa/fspot.htm
How does marijuana affect the lungs?
Scientists believe that marijuana can be especially harmful to the lungs
because users often inhale the unfiltered smoke deeply and hold it in their
lungs as long as possible. Therefore, the smoke is in contact with lung
tissues for long periods of time, which irritates the lungs and damages the
way they work. Marijuana smoke contains some of the same ingredients in
tobacco smoke that can cause emphysema and cancer. In addition, many
marijuana users also smoke cigarettes; the combined effects of smoking these
two substances creates an increased health risk.

Can marijuana cause cancer?
Marijuana smoke has been found to contain more cancer-causing agents than is
found in tobacco smoke. Examination of human lung tissue that had been
exposed to marijuana smoke over a long period of time in a laboratory showed
cellular changes called metaplasia that are considered precancerous. In
laboratory test, the tars from marijuana smoke have produced tumors when
applied to animal skin. These studies suggest that it is likely that
marijuana may cause cancer if used for a number of years.